About 'Alpha+Good'

Alpha+Good (a bad wordplay on Orwell's "double plus good" and old machismo - I'm the realest after all) is a side project that belongs to 'Onklare taal' ('Unclear' or 'Unripe language'), the umbrella of several literary projects in Dutch.

This section is almost exclusively in English and comprises my ongoing thoughts on progress, gender, politics and various other social themes. Why is this in English why everything else in Dutch? Because I want to gun for a much wider audience here. Also, my literary English isn't good enough, otherwise I would always write in English. In 2020, I released my debut novel 'Fragmentariërs' (it's written in Dutch, though who knows I may one day make an English translation).

Are you a little lost? This link will take you right back to my home page.

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

State of Failure: Introduction

During the week that started on October 22, I manned the Twitter account @belgiumers. Every week, a different Belgian tweets from this account to teach the world (and ourselves) a little more about the country. I took this message to heart and cooked up a veritable wok dish the size of a flying saucer. Because some people told me they had no time to follow all the tweets or simply dislike reading tweet threads, I’m reposting everything in a neat blogging package here. Avast, ye bastards!


HAY GUYS. I am @antonvoloshin; a writer from Ghent. As this week’s Commander of space ship Belgiumers, I will be teaching all who are interested about the many marvellous failures, flubs and fuck-ups our country enjoys.

DISCLAIMER 1: I will be posting 18 chapters over the coming week, hopefully each as a series of threaded tweets. Look for the yellow bar that states a chapter begins!

DISCLAIMER 2: Some of this content dates back to my days at @DeRechtzetting, and in its original form, some of it was co-written or edited by my former colleagues Jonas, Sam and Benoni.

None of this was ever released before, and over 90% was created by me. About 70% of all this content is as new as your last miserable pay check. You can find my website at www.antonvoloshin.net. I am also on Facebook. Most of my content is in Dutch, which is widely recognised as the language of lurrrve. I will post in English here, though. So, strap in and enjoy warp speed! Here’s the agenda.


Let's start with some infographics.